Sunday, August 10, 2014

I want to say thanks.
For the past year, I have been getting random encouragements to return to writing a "column" which in today's lingo would be posting a blog.
I have a blog, Valley Words, which I have let stagnate. I am going to bring some of the best of those posts to this blog in hopes of giving them some new life. There are some tough postings on there. Like the one I wrote when my father died. It's tempting not to bring that one here. It hurts, but there is beauty in that pain. In an awful situation, I found a place for a tiny smile and a tip of the hat to the man who made me.
I want to let loose. I write every day at work. But there are restrictions, requirements and rigor imposed on that work that I can blissfully shrug aside here like a beautiful dress that is way too tight.
Here, I will pull on my jeans and the Life's Good impossibly soft t-shirt that Olivia gave me and I will just write until I laugh or cry or, on a good day, do both.
Please come along with me. Send me ideas. Encourage me. Write to me. I will write back.
I think I'm officially excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment