Sunday, August 17, 2014

When a man goes grocery shopping


When a man goes grocery shopping, what is he thinking? We have been married almost 13 years. That means for 13 years we have used the same products, more or less. A few new things have popped up, but we use the same milk, the same breads, the same ketchup.

It's probably not fair to call out all men on this, but I know my father would do the same thing. Send Dad to the store for two cans of chicken noodle soup and he would come back with one can of chicken noodle and one can of cream of chicken. So my suspicion is that there is some kind of testosterone interference in the shopping gene.

Once the husband brought home paper towels with designs on them. I hate paper towel with designs. I never use anything but white, Bounty Select-a-Size. I didn't even know Bounty made patterned towels any more. (He did get the brand right) I had to use them, but trust me, any spill required five or six.

Recently, we have been enjoying a fudge pop after dinner. I buy Pet because they are rich and creamy. He came home with the Food Lion brand. I felt my taste buds deflate when I pulled the box from the bag. 

He think that I pay too much for groceries. That house brands are just as good as known brands. If the product hits his "cheap" taste bud, then that makes it a good buy. So the meat is only good for two more days, you can always put it in the freezer. Cheese slices from Food Lion are fine. So what if it take three extra minutes pulling the plastic cover off the slice?

Do I sound ungrateful? That is not my intention. I came down with some kind of bronchial illness on Friday and was wiped out most the weekend, so I am really grateful that my husband was thoughtful enough to take on my weekly chore. 

But I probably will stop by the store tomorrow for real fudgsicles.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh in so many ways, but mainly because I am my father's daughter in the fact that I will always buy the store brand (even if it "takes three extra minutes to pull the plastic cover off the slice" lol!!!). But I do agree on the fudgsicles home front.

    ReplyDelete